Monday, August 11, 2014

Reflection Post

Technology and the use of technology is a wonderful tool that can be used to increase the quality of education. During this course I was able to experience and discover many different types of websites, web tools, and learned more about the power of technology. Just some of the things that I have learned to do in just 6 short weeks are how to create a webpage, create a wiki, collaborate to make a lesson plan, and create a WebQuest. I have also learned a lot of valuable information from the textbooks about the use of technology in the classroom as well as ways to incorporate technology in the total educational process. I was able to find a great website that listed some of the affects technology has in the classroom.


One of the main learning objectives that I will leave this class knowing is how to use technology to collect, verify, document, and organize information. I feel that I can use this in so many ways while being a teacher and even continuing as a student. I was also able to grasp the Global Socio-cultural responsibility objective and how I can use technology help and teach in a diverse society. The distance collaborations were also very helpful as well. At first I believed that it would be extremely hard to collaborate over email to create a project but I experienced it and I feel more open to distance collaboration in my future career. I have no suggestions for bettering the course as I feel I learned more than I was expecting. All assignments and projects directions were also very clear and helpful resources. I have become much more excited about finding new was to incorporate technology in my classroom and to get my students comfortable with technology as well. One of the projects I discovered during this class is the virtual field trip. I’m very excited about using these types of webpages and resources in my lessons.





References:


Effects of Technology on Classrooms and Students. (n.d.). Archived: Effects of Technology on Classrooms and Students. Retrieved August 9, 2014, from https://www2.ed.gov/pubs/EdReformStudies/EdTech/effectsstudents.html


N/A. (n.d.). N/A. Retrieved August 11, 2014, from http://skillip.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/ipad-transforming.jpg

Top 10 Reasons to Use Technology in Education: iPad, Tablet, Computer, Listening Centers. (n.d.). YouTube. Retrieved August 11, 2014, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulb4jl3xqs8


No comments:

Post a Comment